Today, XAPP released an infographic showing how interactive audio ads are impacting the economics of Internet radio. Data show that voice is the new touch for audio apps and response rates increase significantly when the listener only needs to respond by voice. The infographic illustrates how interactive audio has proven to increase response rates to offers and engage consumers at much higher rates than other mobile ad formats. Some of the findings include:
- When listening to streaming audio, smartphones don’t have an illuminated screen 79% of the time
- When the screen is dark, voice response rates average around 3%, whereas touch response rates are below 0.01%
- Time of day and day or week don’t affect voice response rates for audio ads, they are consistently high
- The number of internet radio listeners is growing by the millions
- Listeners are spending more time on Internet radio creating new opportunities for advertisers
To see all the numbers, click here or on the image below to view the full infographic.